Source: Everyday Italian
Yield: 6 servings
- Spaghetti: 1 Pounds
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 3/4 Cups
- Seasoned dried bread crumbs: 2/3 Cups
- Sea salt, plus more for seasoning: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Pitted and roughly chopped black olives, kalamata recommended: 3/4 Cups
- Pitted and roughly chopped large green olives, Bella Di Cerignola recommended: 3/4 Cups
- Freshly grated Parmesan: 1/3 Cups
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley: 1/4 Cups
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon each of the sea salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, cook the breadcrumbs until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Stir the pasta into the bread crumb mixture. Remove the pan from the heat and add the black and green olives. Add the Parmesan cheese and 3 tablespoons of the parsley. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to coat, adding reserved pasta water, if needed, to loosen the pasta. Transfer to a large serving bowl and garnish with the remaining parsley.