Tom Kha Taohu
Yield: 2½ quarts
- 3 14-oz. cans coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound firm tofu, cubed
- 1 large lemongrass stalk, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons curry paste (yellow or red)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Soy sauce to taste
Place all ingredients, except the fresh cilantro and mushrooms, into the slow cooker, and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-7 hours.
Add the mushrooms during the last 20 minutes of cooking, and top with cilantro when serving.