- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cpackage (8 ounces) sliced fresh cremini mushrooms (3 cups)
- ½ cup sweet Marsala wine or chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken thighs in slow cooker; sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add garlic, thyme, mushrooms and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until soft and lightly browned. Spoon mushroom mixture over chicken thighs. Pour wine over chicken and mushrooms.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
Remove chicken thighs from cooker; place on serving plate. Cover to keep warm. In small bowl, stir cornstarch and cream until well blended. Stir into liquid in cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
Serve chicken with sauce.