- 2 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¾ pound beef stew meat
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ cup apple juice or beer
- In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until brown but not crisp. Add beef stew meat and onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned.
- Into 1½-quart slow cooker, spoon mixture; stir in carrots. In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; gently stir into mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.