- ½ cup plain white quinoa
- ½ cup red quinoa
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon onion (finely minced)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Rinse the uncooked quinoa in a mesh strainer under cold water for a minute.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over low heat then add the minced onion and cook for a few minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the stock, salt to taste and bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the quinoa and lower heat to a very low simmer.
- Cover tightly and cook for about 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. The tiny germ will uncoil from the quinoa seed when it is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for five minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve right away.