- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced (1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 cup diced smoked turkey (6 ounces)
- ½ cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3½ cups chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated fat-free milk
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
Spray 3½- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place onion, celery, carrots, turkey, wild rice, tarragon and pepper in cooker. Pour broth over top.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours, stirring in peas for last 15 minutes of cooking.
In small bowl, mix milk and flour; stir into soup. Cover; cook about 20 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sherry before serving.
- Make this hot and hearty soup the mainstay of a simple meal. Serve with whole-grain rolls or assorted crackers.