Source: The Old Farmer’s Almanac
Yield: 12 biscuits
- All-purpose flour: 2 Cups
- Baking powder: 1 Tablespoons
- Dry mustard: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Pepper: 1 Pinches
- Butter or margarine: 4 Tablespoons
- Cooked ham, diced: 1/2 Pounds
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese: 1 Cups
- Milk: 3/4 Cups
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, mustard, and pepper. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in ham and cheese. Stir in just enough milk for mixture to form a soft dough that leaves the sides of the bowl.
Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead 6 to 8 times to mix thoroughly. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness and cut out with biscuit cutter.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake at 450 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.