- 7 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 16-ounce package lentils
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and sausage in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir lentils into the pot. Add more water if necessary to just cover all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender.
Per Serving: 347 calories; protein 17g; carbohydrates 44.7g; fat 11.4g; cholesterol 26.5mg; sodium 456.7mg.