Source: Simply Recipies
Yield: 6 servings
- White vinegar: 2 Tablespoons
- Tabasco: 2 Pinches
- Can green olives and pimento, chopped: 1 Each
- 16-ounce cans of black beans, rinsed and drained: 2 Each
- Cloves minced garlic: 3 Each
- Red bell pepper, thinly sliced: 1/2 Each
- Green bell pepper, thinly sliced: 1/2 Each
- Small onion, chopped: 1 Each
- Olive oil: 1 Tablespoons
- Uncooked white rice: 1 Cups
- Dried oregano: 1 Teaspoons
- Salt and pepper: 2 Pinches
Cook rice according to package instructions. White rice usually takes 15 minutes to cook once the water is simmering, and 10 minutes to sit.
Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high. SautÃ© onions and bell peppers for 3-4 minutes, until just beginning to soften, then add garlic and sautÃ© a minute more. Add the black beans, vinegar and Tabasco or cayenne. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in rice and oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste.