- 2 pounds rotisserie chicken, skinned and boned, meat pulled into large chunks
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced shallots
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Shred chicken meat; set aside.
- Place cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high power until soft, about 20 seconds. Add half-and-half and stir until completely mixed; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add bell peppers, jalapenos, and garlic; saute until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Toss in chicken, dried shallots, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Add chicken, cream cheese mixture, chicken stock, salsa, cumin, and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 2 hours.
Per Serving: 343 calories; protein 24.8g; carbohydrates 7.2g; fat 23.4g; cholesterol 98.7mg; sodium 836.8mg.
- Serve with sour cream and shredded pepper Jack cheese.