Source: Everyday Food
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 pounds pork shoulder, excess fat tried, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green tomatillo salsa
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
Season pork with salt and pepper. IN a large Dutch oven or other heavy-bottomed pot, add pork, onion, salsa, and broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
Simmer until pork pulls apart easily, 1½ to 2 hours. Skim fat off top. Season with salt and pepper. Top with cilantro and limes to serve.
Per serving: 341 calories; 14g fat (5g saturated fat); 47g protein; 4g carbohydrates, 0g fiber.