Yield: 4 servings
- Chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces: 1 Pounds
- Flour: 1 Cups
- Salt: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Pepper: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Garlic powder: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Butter: 1/2 Cups
- Onion, chopped: 1 Each
- Tarragon vinegar: 1/2 Cups
- White wine: 1/2 Cups
- Dijon mustard: 1 Tablespoons
- Green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces: 1 Each
- Italian sweet sausage, sliced 1/3-inch thick: 1/2 Pounds
- Chicken stock: 1 Cups
Roll chicken in flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Melt half the butter in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. SautÃ© chicken until lightly browned.
In another pan, sautÃ© sausage slices until browned. Add onion and pepper, and cook until onion are transparent.
When chicken is browned add sausage, onion and pepper along with vinegar and wine. Add enough chicken stock to barely cover chicken. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Remove chicken and sausage, and keep sauce warm. Correct seasoning and return liquid to a boil. Remove from heat and add mustard and remaining butter. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.